Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Making new goals... I'm up for the task

I weighed this morning, and I was at 180 pounds. Which is an exact 75 pound loss. I've decided today, to make some goals. I want to lose ten pounds by March the 6th, my mother-in-law's 85th birthday. We're having a big bash, (as you can imagine), in fact some relatives from Holland are flying in that we've not seen in five years. AND, we'll be taking professional family portraits. You guys, the last time we had Willem's whole family picture taken, I was in my 22 wides! In fact, it was for that event that I had to buy those stinkin' pants, because I didn't have a decent pair that fit me properly at the time.
My other goal, is to lose the remaining ten pounds by June 11th, my 40th birthday. That would put me at my goal weight of 160 pounds, and a total weight loss of 95 pounds. Now wouldn't THAT be reason enough to celebrating big time? I am up for the task. So here's to drinking my water, working my butt off at the gym, and eating right! : )

BTW, today was the first time in a while that I did a solid sixty minutes of cardio. I burned exactly 900 calories ladies, 900. For those of you that want to challenge me calorie- wise, I am extending my hand and saying "come on!". You know that I love a challenge. : )

3 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Wow!

I feel your excitement about the family photos and you should enjoy that feeling!

You are truly a powerhouse my friend!

(by the way - 40? what are we gonna do for that party???)

Mom2the6Rs said...

Hey! Sounds like a great plan, girl! I started back on Prism last week and had a pretty good week. I have been conscience of my eating this week too, but have not been as dilligent. I want to lose weight by my bday. The challenge is on!

Jules

Lisa said...

Hey, I'll try to lose with you! I'm starting at the same point and I think 10 pounds by 3/6 is totally doable. And another 10 by 6/11 - piece of (rice) cake! As for the challenge you've issued, you're on!

You realize you'll have to post the portraits after the new ones are taken, right? A before and after version!