Monday, April 30, 2007

On a Roll

After another week of behaving myself and generally watching what I eat, I'm down another 2.5 pounds. I have 8 pounds to go to reach my short term goal (which is to be back where I was last fall by the end of May) and I'm feeling good about it.

I've been eating a ton of veggies (especially sugar snaps, squash, and cucumber salad) and whole grains (long-grain brown rice, anyone?) and getting enough calcium. Unfortunately, I have to keep reminding myself to get some protein since I've been eating virtually no meat and that has translated into the occasional supper of scrambled eggs. All in all, though, pretty good.

4 comments:

~Jennifer said...

Way to go! I bought some vanilla flavored protein powder, and I make a smoothie with milk, frozen berries ,and a scoop of powder. It's a yummy high protein snack. Oh, and I've fallen in love with low fat cottage cheese lately. I don't need a lot, but it satisfies that salty, fatty, cheesy craving I get.

Chickadeeva said...

Good idea on upping the protein. I find if I hard boil a bunch of eggs and have them in the fridge, they make a great snack.

Amy Witt said...

Good for you Lisa, Isn't it nice to see good veggies finally showing up in the stores.

I love cucumbers.

We need another "Starbucks" date!!!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Wow, Lisa, that is an amazing loss for a week! What a boost, eh? Good for you, sister!

Jules