Sunday, April 22, 2007

Making and breaking goals... oh what a feeling!

Last week I had set a goal to do a solid hour of cardio at least three times, in addition to my regular weight lifting. Normally, I average 25-35 minutes of cardio five days a week, so this was a challenge for me. But I did it girls! Three times last week I ran four miles straight on the treadmill, and two of those days I did an additional mile+ on the elliptical machine. Yesterday, I knew I wasn't going to run as much, and was going to focus more on the weights, so I ran two miles, and at my fastest pace yet. My first mile was 10:40, and my second was 9:40. I felt so good, and I felt so strong. I thought to myself, who would have known that I could feel this wonderful after RUNNING of all things? I certainly didn't envision myself a year ago as a runner. I just thank God that He's given me the strength to make such radical, and healthy changes! : )

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay for you! I hope I can get back on my "Couch to 5K" track - I don't know what happened this week, but I didn't get a single day of running in. Ugh!

~Jennifer said...

Yay for you! I'm happy walking for now, but ya just never know. I walked 6 miles yesterday. My new long distance. An experienced 3-day walker told me today that I should be up to 10 miles already. :-PpPp I think I'll be okay. The truth is I probably could do 10 miles if I really pushed it. I just haven't pushed it yet. I don't want to lose my enthusiasm. :-)

Chickadeeva said...

Wow. You know, I was walking the baby the other day with the jogging stroller, and I decided to run a little bit. Typically, I hate running because of all the extra ba-dunka-dunk that happens when I do...but since I've slimmed down a bit there was a LOT less bouncy and a lot more flouncy! I only ran until I felt huffy, but it was one of those "Oh, this doesn't suck THAT hard" moments that help me continue moving around :-)

Lisa said...

Well look at you go! Congrats, Kristina. I bet you're going to top out at your Y's fitpoints totals - again!

Amy Witt said...

What a great accomplishment. I am so ready to get some weight off my knees so I can run instead of walk. You really inspire me.