Monday, April 09, 2007

Jules checks in...



Hey crew! It is the morning after the resurrection, and I am feeling like a new year has begun in my life. I haven't been posting much because I have been caught in a whirlwind of homeschooling, birthdays (Reese in March, Riley in April), starting the new weight loss group at my home, my husband changing careers and just general craziness around the Paine home. My sister-in-law moved in with us almost 3 months ago and that has affected my life as well. Lots of emotional opportunities around here for me to get caught up in (and eat with). The good news is that I have maintained my weight loss with diligence. I have had to be really determined to watch myself. The bummer is I am still that 1.8 or 1.4 lbs away from breaking into the 150's. I have been hovering here now for a long time. I have had to focus so much on just the maintenance part of my weight loss (not getting caught up in the sorrow of other's lives or the celebrations) that I have not had the extra gumption to go anywhere beyond that. But that is all apart of life, I suppose.
I have been visiting the Y about 3 times a week, rarely missing my yoga class, but I know that my body needs more than this. I went on such a beautiful spring walk the other day with Mandi, I was inspired to keep the exercise factor up in my life. Kristina and Lisa and Amy are very inspirational in the workout side of life. Thanks, girls. And Jennifer, you are really an encouragement as far as the weight loss goes. Good for you, girl!
Well, that is about it. I am looking forward to the spring and summer. Ready to challenge myself and have fun with my family. I will try to post more often. Love to all.
(pictures are of me making Easter dinner for 19)
Jules

4 comments:

Kristina said...

19 people? My hat's off to you, girl! : )
And good for you for maintaining over the past couple of months. Your faithfulness is paying off. You are beautiful. I love you.

Kimberly B. said...

I was so happy, to say the least, to see you yesterday. I have called you a couple of times but I know that life is crazy sometimes, too crazy to even have a moment for ourselves. I wanted to say that I am proud of you. Proud that you are still trying to stay focused even though so much is going on around you. Don't worry abour me ok. Edith G. is going to pick up my kids from school tommorrow at 3:15 and take them to swim classes at the Y at 4pm and then to Awanas and then home for me. Unfortunatlly, I have to have this surgery on a busy Tuesday. But what day is not busy, right? I just can't wait for the relief from pain. I am praying for a big release. I will be fine. Juan will be with me tomorrow. He decided to take the day off instead of my aunt. I feel alot better knowing that he will be with me anyway. I will try to call you on wed. to tell you how I am doing. I love you and appreciate all of the love that you continually show to me. I can't wait to return to our meetings ;) Talk to you soon.

Lisa said...

Look at you, being all domestic! Jules, you really have come SO FAR in the year that I've "known" you...you are the one who's the inspiration. *end of mushy moment before I break into a rousing version of "Wind Beneath My Wings"*

Chickadeeva said...

It was a delicious dinner too! She is sooooo good at herding people happily thru her home. I was happy to eat!

We loved seeing you - and I can't tell you how much we appreciate your being in our lives!