Sunday, April 01, 2007

My dad and I running our first race together!


, originally uploaded by willemkristina@verizon.net.

This Saturday, my dad, (his dog), and I ran our first race together, it was a 5k in Arlington. It was a really big deal for me to accomplish this. I've only been running for about 2 1/2 months, and only on the treadmill. It was a challenge for me to run outdoors. The course was mild enough, but it was very windy. But I completed it, and at a ten minute a mile pace, my fastest yet. I've come so far in fifteen months, and I'm very proud of myself.

6 comments:

~Jennifer said...

Wow, congratulations! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! We're proud of you too!!! Great job. How fun and you're very inspiring for goal setting!!!

Lisa said...

We're proud of you too! Way to go with your speedy little self!

Chickadeeva said...

I am just blown away. Kris, the woman I know from years ago would have the drive to run 5k, but wouldn't have been able to run it (she'd drive) all the while kicking herself because she knew she had it in her!

But this Kris - ain't NOTHING stopping her!

I'm soooo very proud of you.

Mom2the6Rs said...

You bless me with that grin. You are amazing. Let this race be the first of many, girl....

Jules

Kimberly B. said...

You are OUTSTANDING. I am so proud of you. Your happy smile brings a tear to my eye of joyfulness.