Friday, December 07, 2007

Not maintaining at all!

Ok, so I gained another 1.5 pounds this week! What is wrong with me?

(And no, I'm not pregnant. I know that's the next question my mom is going to ask when she finds out I've gained two pounds over the past two weeks.)

Know what I realized last night? Well, other than I get way too depressed after a bad weigh in? That I didn't drink my water this week. I can't say that was the only reason I gained weight, but I can say that staying hydrated goes a long way to helping with correct body functioning (and perhaps weight-loss). It's just so hard to drink water when it's cold outside! My body is screaming for coffee and hot cocoa!

I did get an email from someone recommending this article on negative-calorie foods. It's pretty much stuff we already know, like eating more fresh fruits and vegetables, but I thought y'all might find it interesting anyway.

Guess I'd better get busy on that water!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

DON'T BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF!! You've hardly gained anything at all. Drink your water, and it will fall right off, I'm sure. I always have larger weight loss weeks when I drink LOTS of water.
You can do it Melissa, I have faith in you. : )