Sunday, December 16, 2007

Motivated

I've decided it's time to move the rest of this extra weight I'm carrying. As happy as I am with the way I look, and as much as I enjoy shopping for clothes now, I'm still not at my goal weight. If I'm being really honest with myself, when I look in the mirror I can see every one of those forty pounds I'm still wanting to lose.

I haven't lost any weight since September, and I don't think it's a coincidence that after the 3-day in September I pretty much stopped walking. So this week I walked every day, and wonder of wonders, I lost 2 pounds. My mood is also vastly improved. I think I've been experiencing the beginnings of my annual gray and gloomy Northwest depression. It seems to start with insomnia, which leads to fatigue and lack of motivation. Well, the good news is that thanks to my experience with training for the 3-day, I know that walking really kicks my depression in the butt.

So, my new goal is to lose roughly a pound and a half a week, which I will do by walking at least five days a week, and eating regular healthy meals and snacks. It worked for the first forty pounds, right? I know the last pounds may be harder to lose, and if that happens I'll need a new shot in the butt to do what it takes to lose them, but for now I think my plan will get some results.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Jen, I'm glad to see that you have renewed inspiration. : )
One day at a time. One step at a time. One pound at a time. One margarita at a time.. oh wait, that's not the right knd of inspiration. : )
I just know that yo love your margaritas.

Jennifer said...

lol!

Get this. I've been singing karaoke on Friday nights (the margaritas stink, it's a Chinese restaurant, and they just don't do 'em right, so I don't have margaritas.)and I've made a deal with myself. If I walk Mon-Fri 30 minutes a day, I let myself go out on Friday and enjoy myself guilt free.

It's a little mind game because I know full well I'll go out whenever I want whether I walk or not, but it has helped keep me focused and disciplined.

Today I'm sick, though. I really can't walk. I haven't decided how to handle that in my little mind game.