Sunday, December 23, 2007

Letting your Left hand know what your Right is eating

I am schizophrenic. I know because I make glorious statements of health and well being. Then, not an hour later I have a second brownie in my hand headed towards my mouth. Yet, I really believe that I do want to lose weight, tone up and look great.

With one hand, I pour a glass of water and with the other I forage around the cupboard for something to sabotage myself with. That is plain double minded.

Its just how hard it is to wean ones self off stress eating. So, in the hopes of confession and repentance, I'm posting here to say that I went from 151 to 156 in one week. I'm ashamed.

However, maybe with a little support I'll get back down towards the 50s and maybe even break into my goal of dipping into the 140s. I am so close...but I don't have the determination of Kristina. What to do? I'm not a runner...I'm not a counter, I'm not even a weight watcher.

Back to my water, my goals and my attempts. Its not over until the fat lady sings, and I've got my mouth clamped. For now at least.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can SO relate to this, but I've learned a good week can undo a lot of damage, as long as I don't let too much time go by without doing what I know will help me be successful.

Kristina said...

Very true Jennifer! It's amazing what you can undo in just one short week.
Elicia, most of us are emotional eaters, and some of us are just plain piggies when it's PMS time. ( I have a very hard time controlling myself during that week). But I think what balances me out is that I go to the gym all of the time.
Honey, drink your water, put the brownie down, and put on an outfit that you feel sexy in.
Love you!

Mom said...

It is hard. I agree wholeheartedly. I chew sugarless gum a lot to keep my mouth occupied, that helps a lot. You know what else helps? Some guy in the parking lot at the grocery store gave me a double take and then did a long look and smiled. He was like, ten years younger than me! Now I am happily married but that makes me keep my eating in check. That tells me that I am a different person now.

Chickadeeva said...

Tee Hee - Kris had a similar incident happen to her at the store!