Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Gaining a proper perspective... I am NOT fat anymore!


You know, some times I look in the mirror and still see a "big" girl. Not always, but sometimes. These days, I usually am pleased with what I now see. I USUALLY am. But it can be a struggle.
I seem to have a love/hate relationship with the scale too, but don't most of us? I'm trying not to obsess about the numbers. Because really, isn't it more about how you feel and look? I had a woman from the Y that I've not seen in probably six or seven weeks, say a very encouraging comment to me yesterday. She said,' Have you lost more weight since I've seen you last time?' 'No', said I, 'I'm about the same weight'. (which I am) . But then she said,' Well, it looks like you have lost weight, because your body shape has changed, and you look great!' These were very encouraging words indeed! I'm going to get another fitness analysis next month, I'm pretty curious to see what my body fat is now. The last one I had I believe was in July. And at that point my body fat was like 26%, which is still pretty high, but compared to my former 44.2 %, pretty damn good, if I do say so myself!!

3 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

You are different, and its funny because the mind is having to catch up with the body for once :-)

You are gorgeous - don't let yourself get down. You're your own worst enemy, but give that part of you a day (or year) off - you totally have earned it!

Chickadeeva said...

AND - would ya check out those collarbones?

Melissa said...

You still amaze me! I never thought I'd be one of those people who struggled with their self-image after weight loss (heck, I never thought I'd lose any weight, either) but I sometimes do. And we all need to back away from the scale at times, don't we?