Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Just so you know..

First off, thanks for letting join you all in this journey of healthy living. I have been fighting my weight since I was a kid, so it is good to have others to team with.

I won't torture you with my diet history, but I have lost about 60 pounds since 2001, and I have about 25 more to go. I have gained back 20... So I need to loose that and about 5 more to be comfortable. That won't make me skinny, but I don't want that. I want to be healthy. I am truly happy with who I am, so that is a blessing (being thinner didn't make me happy). I just want to be healthy and live the best physical life I can.

I am not a food counter. I know in my heart when I am hungry and when I am not; my problem is not the kind of food I eat, it is how much I eat. It is a plain fact that I eat when I am board, not hungry, and I usually eat past the “full” feeling. I want to switch that around, and eat when I am hungry and stop when I am satisfied. I know that kind of paradigm shift works for me.

I promise not to write this much again - it a lot to read. But I just wanted to let you know that I will be honest about the kind of eating day I had. Whether or not I listened to that God-given voice inside of me telling me when I am need food and when I don’t. If I have been active or not, and if I am taking advantage of each day to be healthy.

1 comment:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Welcome and I hope you feel free to write whatever you wish, as long as you want!

Jules