Tuesday, December 13, 2005

baby steps

okay, so I'm doing pretty good. I have been doing drastic diets for the past 6 months, and I'm ready to make life changes that fit my reality. So I'm eating smaller portions and stop eating once I'm statisfied. Its been really freeing for me because I still choose to eat what I want, but stop before it gets out of hand (I'm a binger, so this behavior is a victory for me). I've also decided to only eat icecream when I'm out with friends and its a social thing, much like drinking. Icecream is my greatest binging item, so I'm just not going to buy it anymore.

okay, so yesterday I had a bowl of rice crisy's for breakfast. a hamburger and a third of an order of fries for lunch (i threw them away once I was satisfied!!) and was unable to have any thing else to eat until 9pm because I took a train to see a friend and they only fed you if you had reservations. So my friend wanted icecream, so i got a small burger and a blizard. Not the healthiest day, but I stuck to my plan. baby steps. :)
Thanks everybody for joining us, it is really inspiring!

1 comment:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Proud of you, Mandi! You rock! A trigger food for me, believe it or not, is regular creamer in my coffee. If I have it, I seem to blow the whole day, but if I stick with my sugar free stuff, I don't. Love you!

Jules