Monday, December 19, 2005

Just one day...

I am having a really hard time just starting. Why is just getting that one day down is darn hard! Really, when you think about it, it's just one day, right? Taking the first step of eating well the WHOLE day, and doing something good for my physical well-being seems so impossible to do. Yet, once that first day is done, it is easy!

I am find myself talking myself out of eating well, or going for a run and I can't figure out why. I always feel better when I eat well and go for a walk or a run, and I know that if I just go and do it, it gets easier to do the next day... yet I won't do it!

In the Bible, this guy named Paul talks in circles about not doing what we want to do, and doing what we don't want to do. That we know what we should do, and we know when we are not doing what we should do, but we keep on doing what we don't want to do, because we want to. How we know what we want the end result to be, but we do things that keep us from our goals because it is more comfortable to be just as we are. If we don't change, then it won't be hard, and we can just go on as we are... Because it really isn't that bad, is it? But it is bad! To work for something and achieve a goal is a truly wonderful thing, and the biggest thing standing in the way is me.

Wow, my head hurts.

So, it I am still striving to get that first day down so that the next day will follow the path that has been paved. This really is a day-by-day sort of thing. Until next time....

1 comment:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Thanks for that. I do the Paul thing, too. For me it is always the 2nd day that I sabatoge myself. Maybe a day is too big...maybe you need to chop it into each meal. Let a good breakfast pave the way to a good lunch, etc. Try preplanning your breakfast, preplanning your lunch.