Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Well, day one seemed to go off without a hitch until I totally LOST IT with my family! I got so angry, I scared myself! It took me a frustrating 29 min to settle the baby down to sleep, then she started fussing again as I was taking a much needed potty break, so my little 7 year old thought he would "help" by TURNING on the light and talking LOUDLY to her!! I raced out of the bathroom, yelled and swatted 7 yo in the behind and sent him downstairs to bed!! I wad just raging inside, totally out of control! Yuck! It was not a pretty site. After I chilled out and Blake took over with the baby, I had to wake my 7 yo up to appologize, hug and ask forgiveness. I went around to all the kids appologizing. Arg!! But, I ate within my calories, actually was under by about 200. So day 2 better be an improvement emotionally, but somehow, I don't think I'm out of the emotional woods yet. Pray for me. TY, Jules

3 comments:

~Jennifer said...

How do you feel about an antidepressant? I ask, because I completely understand the raging. I had postpartum depression after all of my kids, but the worst was after my 2nd. I remember screaming at my kids one day, and it was like I was outside of my body watching this crazy woman who could not control herself, and inside myself I was saying, "Jennifer, stop," but I couldn't stop. That's when I knew I needed some help.

I'm not saying you're there. Maybe you just had a bad day, but be aware. PP Depression doesn't resolve itself easily.

~Jennifer said...

Ah, just read more about the sugar withdrawals. There is that too. :-) {{{hugs}}}

Amy Witt said...

I suffer from Sugar withdrawls when I got back on WW. It is bad and I felt like you described. I now know it will happen so I let them know ahead of time. I am prayign for you Julie.