Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Feeding my Life

My life has a hunger. It shall not want! I have to feed my body, mind, soul, spirit. What am I doing to make sure it has everything working as it should? What am I willing to give up? Substitute? Reject? Re-integrate?

I am journaling every time I eat something. For me, its not a question of eating healthy as much as being consistent. So, for the next six weeks, I'll be focusing on getting myself to eat approximately five little meals/fiber snacks a day. Its hard for me to eat regularly, so this itself is a baby step and something crucial. I need to be able to look at what I've put into my 'temple' so that I can see an overview of my general nourishing of my body.

You are what you eat? Right?

4 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Another thing I'm learning about is PH levels in the body and how they can affect us. Anyone else ever heard of this?

Chickadeeva said...

Does anyone else feel alone here???

I can't contribute a lot, but I hoped to get a little more encouragement folks - too busy? Not interested? What's up?

Lisa said...

Busy Elicia, but I know what you mean.

Your post, however, was very inspirational. What a great way to approach the idea of food - as one of many types of nourishment.

Good luck journalling.

Chickadeeva said...

Thanks!

You are quite the inspiration for me. I tell myself that if you can go from considering running to marathons, I can get control over my foods :-)

So far, I've lost two pounds? And, I have eaten more than I usually do (but its hardly anything to anyone else) so that's encouraging!