Thursday, January 22, 2009

In Which I Get My Butt Kicked

Last night, a girlfriend of mine lured me to a "Core Yoga" class with the promise of a pedicure afterward. My toes are now painted "I'm Not a Really a Waitress" red and my abs, tush, back, and arms are sore. It was such a tough workout that halfway through I was shaking when we had to try and balance and dripping sweat (they had the heater on too).

But, my abs feel stronger, my rear feels tighter, my back feels straighter, and I know that it was good for me. But next week, forget the pedicure - it will take the promise of at least one margarita to get me through that door again!

(I am always amazed at yoga. How balancing yourself and barely moving can work you so well. If anyone hasn't tried it but is thinking about it, I highly recommend at least one class).

3 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

I love OPI products - they have the funniest names! "I'm not Really a Waitress" is my favorite color in their palette!

Lisa, if you really want a butt kick, try BIRKAM HOT YOGA

Chickadeeva said...

I have a wii fit - do you? We could do yoga together online :-)

Chickadeeva said...

So, Lisa - I only have 15 lbs to go to my goal. My candida cure, anti-parasite cure and alkaline diet are REALLY paying off!