Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hi there, 2009!

So, Ladies, on this last day of the year, I have the annual survey question: What are your goals for the new year as far as your health/fitness/well-being is concerned?

Mine are:

1) Stop being a member of the clean plate club - when I am no longer hungry, I need to learn to quit eating and either refrigerate the leftovers or toss them out. It is ridiculous that I finish things just because they're there; and


2) Run at least 1200 (and hopefully 1500) miles by the end of 2009. For those keeping score at home, that's about 25-30 miles per week. Doable, especially since I just signed up for the spring marathon training group through my running club - guaranteeing me a group to keep me on track (no pun intended).


My less defined goals are to try and start eating like a regular person and not a ravenous beast - be particular about what I eat and how much. With all of the running, my appetite gets ramped up and I eat so much more than I used to. I can't help but think that if I just ate like I normally did that I could shed some of this poundage. I ran a shade over 1,000 miles this year and lost not on ounce. Who does this happen to?! Someone who eats badly!


So what are your goals? Share and inspire us!

1 comment:

Chickadeeva said...

My goal this year is to heal my fibromyalgia. I have some big plans!

Of course, it begins with nutrition, so I'm sure we'll see some dramatic changes over the next year.

I'll keep you up to date...

Elicia