Thursday, November 13, 2008

Wish Me Luck!


Well, Ladies, tonight I head south to San Antonio. It will take me (hopefully) longer to drive there than it will to run the marathon on Sunday, and I'm getting nervous about the race. At the same time, however, I feel really blessed.

The weather will be perfect - cold early in the morning and warming to the mid-60s by the end. I will have friends and family to cheer me on. I have gorgeous scenery to run through and I will even get to run by the Alamo and the other missions in San Antone. I will be able to stretch my legs and run for the pure joy of it.

I'm a little scared and nervous, but mostly amazed that this is actually happening. It wouldn't have happened without each of you, and I will see you at mile 22!

Lisa

1 comment:

Chickadeeva said...

I am so impressed with you!
Let us know what you learned from this run!

(I personally think each run you take is a fight you have with yourself, and you WIN every time - you RULE)