Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Well, if it works?

I have confessed on several occasions my often habitual use of Coca Cola. The Costco sized flats of red cans filled a cabinet, and created a large amount of garbage space in loose, used cans. Between the bottled water waste (Perrier) and the Coke, I felt I was leaving a huge footprint in a landfill. Embarrassingly, this is just ONE way I am NOT green.

Yet another reason to re-evaluate.

So, I told my DH not to buy coke at Costco anymore, and instead, to pick up 2, 2 liter bottles of Coke instead. One I put in the fridge, and the other in the pantry. The idea being that if I wanted a coke, I would serve myself a glass, with ice (the way I really like it) instead of grabbing a can. Sometimes I would dilute it with Perrier (yum!) to make it last a bit longer.

I find that if I keep it for a treat rather than something I can have thoughtlessly, I drink less.

Not only have I lost a bit of weight, increased water intake, (the ice cubes melt and make for a shot or two of water) but I have lessened my mess I'm leaving behind for my grandchildren's grandchildren. I'm not very green, but this gives me one more excuse to do something good for myself.

No comments: