Friday, March 14, 2008

Committed

First of all, let me say YAY FOR JULES AND MANDI! It's awesome that y'all are back on Prism, rededicating yourselves, and seeing results.

Now, onto my own little committment. Today I registered for my first marathon which I will run in San Antonio next November...and there's a rule that once you pay money for a race you have to run it, so I guess I'm officially committed. Of course, I have been trying to get anyone I can to run it with me - so far I'm up to five friends who will be there with me so if any of you (ahem, Kristina!, ahem) have ever thought about training for a marathon, let me just say that I'd love to meet you.... :)

The other thing going on it that I now have new incentive to kick these pounds I've put back on. In June I'm going to a weeklong trial boot camp which requires 7 straight days of suits. Now, my office is dress casual so most days I wear slacks and a blouse, not a suit. I have enough suits to make it through the week, but - and here's the catch - only if I weigh about 10 pounds less than I do now. At $400-500 apiece for nice ones, I don't want to have to buy any new suits for this program (and I'd need at least 2 more) so let's just say that I have MOTIVATION to kick this weight.

Now, I've been running my little tush off. I run 4-5 days per week, between 4 and 14 miles a workout, but the catch is that I have a bad attitude towards eating. M&Ms? I ran 10 miles Sunday, I can have those. Starbucks mocha? I ran 10 miles Sunday so I earned that too. Cake in the kitchen? Well, that's what those miles I did Sunday was for, right? I trust that you see the problem. I'm not the only one in my running group who gained weight training for a half marathon but that's still ridiculous.

So, my resolve is to keep running (I have 2 half marathons in the next 4 weeks - that shouldn't be a problem) and keep what I'm eating in check.

In the meantime, I hope everyone has a great St. Patrick's Day. Get out there and shake your shamrocks, Ladies!
(P.S. Jenn, I've been wondering how you've been doing. I know you were pretty down awhile back so I just wanted to know that you're in my thoughts)

2 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Wow - First of all I'm totally impressed that you just 'decided' one day to start running, signed yourself up and now you wrote - "I have 2 half marathons in the next 4 weeks - that shouldn't be a problem"

Look at you girl! THAT DESERVES A WOOT WOOT!

Secondly - how much fun will it be for you to enjoy the "new" suits that you'll be able to wear? Let us know how that goes.

I'd also love to see some more photos of you running. I just think that's inspirational because I m not a runner, and can never really see myself as one and POOF you just DID it!

That is just plain admirable!

Lisa said...

Wow, Elicia, you sure know how to make someone feel good about themself!

And I'd love to post more running pictures, but the problem is that taking a picture of someone on the go is pretty difficult, and none of my running buddies carry cameras. Even my parents, who came to cheer me on at my first half, couldn't get a good picture of me (they got some great pictures of my godfather, but since I was running on the other side of him, all you saw of me was an arm, or say a foot, or the tip of my ponytail!) If I get any more good race pics I'll be sure to post them, though.