Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hello, my name is Melissa

And I am a slacker blogger.

Well, not on my own blog - but I put off coming here for a couple of weeks (like, around CHRISTMAS!) and it's like skipping church - the longer you stay gone, the easier it is to stay out.

Well. Enough of my "sermonizing."

When last we spoke, it was the Christmas holidays and I was determined to maintain.

I think I ended up with a net gain of half a pound, but I guess that wasn't too bad.

In February, though, I realized that the Weight Watchers "Flex" plan was no longer working for me - I don't know if I was getting complacent, or spending too many POINTS on junk, but I was at a virtual standstill for MONTHS - so I switched to CORE.

One of the best decisions I've ever made.

I'm not penalized for eating fruit! Or drinking fat free dairy! Or eating whole grain rice or pasta!

(Well, as long as I only eat the pasta, or potatoes, or rice once a day. I can usually handle that.)

I'm eating way, way less junk now. I'm cooking better meals at home. And I'm feeling "freer" about my choices.

I've also lost another 10 lbs. since Christmas, to put me at 146.5 (a total of 90.5).

My three-year WW anniversary is coming up in a few weeks, and it kinda bums me out that I haven't lost my 100 lbs. yet. But I keep reminding myself that 90 lbs. is nothing to sneeze at, and that the longer it takes me to lose it, the more chance there is that I'll keep it off.

So, I'm sorry to have stayed away so long - I've been reading, even if I haven't always commented - and I'm glad to hear from those who are keepin' on keepin' on!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Wow! Good for you Melissa! I was really happy to see you post. : ) It sure sounds like weight watchers is workin' for you girl.
If you ask me, keeping the weight off, is actually harder than losing it a lot of the time.
Thanks again for posting, you've motivated me. : )

Chickadeeva said...

I think a loss of 90 lbs is HUGE!!!

WOW!

Good on ya!