Sunday, June 01, 2008

My Plan

Elicia asked me to post my plan, so here it is. I'm going to do what has worked for me in the past.

  • I'm going to "automate" my breakfast and lunch. That means high protein, low sugar cereal and low fat milk for breakfast. A smoothie for a mid morning snack, and a ham and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread with carrot or celery sticks for lunch.
  • I'm going to keep my water bottle filled and in front of me throughout the day.
  • I'm going to walk EARLY in the day, not put it off.
  • I'm going to start grocery shopping, menu planning, and cooking dinner again. NO MORE deli, takeout, pizza, and eating out ALL week long.

That's my plan for now. I'll do that for two weeks and then reevaluate things. If that isn't working, I'll start journaling. If I do those four things I know I will lose weight. It's basic biology. I know exactly why I've gained the weight too.

Why is it so hard to do? Just knowing what will work doesn't make doing it easy.



5 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

I am SO hard to corral sometimes that just writing out my plan makes me feel 'its done' somehow.

Writing it down doesn't make it happen huh? Simple isn't easy - and that's a shame...

Make sure to plan some TREATS for yourself in there too - maybe non food related - like buying bead-stuff for yourself and when you feel like eating, make something instead?

What do you put in your smoothies and how do you make them?

Jennifer said...

I put frozen fruit, a scoop of protein powder and milk or soy milk. I may replace the milk with kefir, that I've been drinking lately.

Yeah, no worries on the treats. I never seem to forget to give myself those. lol!

Jennifer said...

Oh, and I have a handheld blender, so I just put the stuff in a tall container and blend it that way.

Chickadeeva said...

What the heck is Kefir?

Jennifer said...

lol! I had to google it too. It's sort of like liquid yogurt, with more active cultures I think.