Sunday, June 22, 2008

Intestinal Health Ideas


How many of us are concerned with our intestines? Our guts, as we used to call them in childhood, are a large part of how we keep healthy. I haven't paid much attention to this part of my insides, until recently.

My new medicine for fibromyalgia has a side effect of constipation. I've always been 'regular' but in order to keep that way, I have added some things to my diet. Knowing how little I like to eat, I have found Danactive drinkables a great way to benefit myself.

Raisin Bran used to give me the, well, runs. I've been eating it lately and it 'works' the way it should, but I was told the high fructose was not good for me. I've been eating sunflower seeds too, to try to be good to myself.

Do you folks think of fiber? Does digestive health occur to you and do you do anything about it? Kefir, as Jen mentioned, is supposed to be good for that. Any ideas, suggestions or successful uses of dietary (either supplements or live food) would be appreciated.

No comments: